Interested in hearing about Berrien Springs Public Schools future facility plans? Please join us as we host two community forums to share about our comprehensive campus facility master plan. Event forum dates as follows:
April 27th at 7:00 PM in the Virtual Academy
May 8th at 7:00 PM in the Virtual Academy
We hope to see you at one of these forums. Go Shamrocks!
Vision & Mission Statement
Together, inspiring students to think, learn, achieve and care in a global community
To work together, BSPS strives to involve all stakeholders in the educational process:
- Staff, students, community and families collaborate for maximum student progress.
- Inspiring a passion for learning is a primary focus:
- Students and staff are passionate, enthusiastic learners.
- Teachers act as facilitators, assisting students in their pursuits of learning.
- Building thinking skills is essential:
- Students pose and answer questions, solve problems, and use reasoning skills.
- Students think and work both independently and in groups.
- Learning is a lifelong experience for students and staff:
- Effective, engaged learning takes place when students and staff make real world connections.
- Students acquire the skills and knowledge in a variety of flexible, multi-sensory learning opportunities tailored to individual needs.
- Achievement is demonstrated through knowledge, talents, skills and abilities:
- BSPS holds high expectations for all students to produce their best work.
- Caring is more than a motto:
- Staff and students work together in a nurturing, safe environment, respecting our highly diverse population.
- Students and staff develop caring connections by helping to meet local and worldwide needs.
- We live in a global community and we are preparing students for a global future:
- Students learn with each other to understand, respect and communicate with various cultures.
- Students prepare to live and work anywhere in the world, with an understanding of and interest in global issues.