A variety of fine arts/health programs are provided on a daily basis. Physical education, art, music, keyboarding, computer and library skills add to our academic offerings intended to develop a well-rounded student.
In addition to our academic and fine arts programs, we offer..
School Social Worker Services (Miss Katie Potts)
- Hearing Impaired and Audiology Center
- ESL (English as a Second Language)
- Title I- School-Wide targeted assistance program that focuses on needs of at-risk children in the area of reading (Title I lab equipped with Read Naturally and Lexia).
- Beyond the Bell- Before school program targeting students needing additional instruction in mathematics.
- T.E.L.L- (Teaching English Language Learners)- Program that works to enhance English language skills for ESL students.
- Sylvester Singers/Vocalaires-Student performance group featuring singing, dancing, and theater experiences.
- Young Rembrandts- After school art program that teaches the drawing skills children need while developing learning skills that provide students and academic advantage in the classroom. http://www.youngrembrandts.com
- Science Club & Science Olympiad; allows kids to explore, experiment and test their hypotheses
- Girls on the Run- After school program that focuses on character development and educates girls for a lifetime of self-respect and healthy living. http://www.uwsm.org/girlsontherun
- Student Council-Student government/service group.
- Conflict Managers- Training to help students solve their own problems. http://www.cruinstitute.org/doc/pdf_elementary.pdf
- Peer to Peer-Training that helps each student understand the needs of their peers with disabilities. http://www.gvsu.edu/autismcenter/peer-to-peer-supp...
- Book Clubs
- Big Brother/Big Sisters http://www.bbbsofbc.org/
- Home School Partnership http://www.berrienspringspartnership.com/virtual-c...
- Released Time Bible Study; a partnership with a local church that meets 1 time each month.