During this time of school closure I will be providing learning opportunities for your children through SeeSaw and additional communication through Remind. Please take a moment to upload and review the sites.
The expectation at this point and time is just to access and check them out. I realize we all have a lot going on and I do not want to add to your stress, I just want to stay connected.
Your child can access books at their reading level on a website called Epic. This website will have a multitude of books to choose from and have books that read aloud to your child. Again, all of our students have been on this website before and have access to it. https://www.getepic.com/sign-in
Reading at home is incredibly important. I have shared some stories on Seesaw that I recommend and hope your child will enjoy. Try these strategies with your family to have fun reading together at home.
1. Create a daily reading routine.
2. Try some of these strategies to keep things interesting: - If you are just starting to read, show a family member how you use your pointer finger while reading.
3. Choral Read: Read the same text at the same time with a family member.
4. Echo Read: Your family member reads a sentence or paragraph and then you read the same one copying their expression and pace.
5. My Turn Your Turn Reading: Take turns reading sentences, paragraphs or chapters.