Project Based Learning Electives provided by the Berrien Springs Virtual Academy
Elementary Art Fall 2023
- All students must complete a project for these classes.
- Grades K-5
- Additional registration IS NOT required this semester
Location: East Snow Road in Berrien Springs, the teacher Jill will contact you with directions a week before the start of class
Elementary Art 1 (Painting)
A number of projects will be completed over the course of the semester using media such as, chalk, oil pastels, ink, watercolor and acrylic paints as they explore the techniques of impressionism, pointillism, resist and texture. Students will enjoy a taste of art history learning about great artists such as Kandinsky, Monet, Pollock and others.
* Please brings clean shoes to change into when arriving at class.
- Bring shoes with clean bottoms to change into before class.
- Wear clothes that can be stained as accidents do happen.
- Projects will be stored in the studio until the last day of class.
*Please note: it is important to make as informed a decision as possible when choosing your student's Community Resource classes. Most locations will allow a student to drop a class after one meeting, at no charge if it wasn't a good fit for the student, but not all. Some classes plan ahead based on the number that have signed up and have purchased materials, hired teachers, etc. and there might be a fee for class time or materials given to the student if the student drops after one or two meetings. The school cannot pay for classes that students do not complete, so choose wisely; if you do not take the class off of your student's schedule by the deadline, you may be asked to pay for the class time incurred prior to dropping the class.
Teacher of Record: Lisa Van Plew-Cid