Parents & Students
The Michigan Merit law allows a parent or legal guardian of a student to request certain modifications to the state high school graduation requirements under limited conditions to ensure all students are effectively and consistently engaged in school regardless of need or disability
To find out more about Personal Curriculums, or to see if your student qualifies, please go to: Personal Curriculum Parent and Educator Guide
Please contact your student's school if you would like to apply if you feel your child would qualify.
Parent & Student Forms
Medical Action Plan Forms
Medical Action Plans (MAPs) are required every school year for medical treatment at school. MAP forms for the current school year are posted below. Forms must be completed by a physician. Please return the MAP to the office of the school location of which your student is currently attending, it will remain until the end of the school year.
- ADD/ADHD Health Care Plan
- Asthma Plan of Action
- Bee Sting Allergy Plan of Action
- Diabetes Plan of Action
- Food Allergy Plan of Action
- General Plan of Action
- Seizure Plan of Action
- Authorization for Prescribed Medication or Treatment
Release of Medical Information
- HIPAA Compliant Authorization for Exchange of Health & Education Information
Self-administration means that the student can administer the medication in a manner directed by the physician without additional direction or supervision by school staff. See form below.
- Medication Prescriber/Parent Authorization Form for Self-Administration/Self-Possession
- Medication Prescriber/Parent Authorization Form
General health evaluation to be completed by physician for enrolling Kindergarten students.