Project Based Learning Electives provided by the Berrien Springs Virtual Academy
American Sign Language 101 Spring 2024
- Students are required to complete a project for this course.
- Instructor: Holly Kalling
- Contact Information: phone: 269-591-7750
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Grade / Age: Grades 3-12 (younger students welcome if able to read and write sentences)
- Format: Online: The first week of class will include training on how to use Canvas.
- Day / Time: Anytime (online)
- Class begins: Jan. 22 - ends June 15 (includes extra time if needed)
- Additional registration at location is not necessary.
A FUN beginner ASL course taught by a Deaf person, this online class will introduce ASL vocabulary and grammar. Weekly instructional videos will be provided in Canvas where students will watch, learn, practice, and complete the accompanying assignments. Students will also have the opportunity to record themselves signing!
*Please note: it is important to make as informed a decision as possible when choosing your student's Community Resource classes. Most locations will allow a student to drop a class after one meeting, at no charge if it wasn't a good fit for the student, but not all. Some classes plan ahead based on the number that have signed up and have purchased materials, hired teachers, etc. and there might be a fee for class time or materials given to the student if the student drops after one or two meetings. The school cannot pay for classes that students do not complete, so choose wisely; if you do not take the class off of your student's schedule by the deadline, you may be asked to pay for the class time incurred prior to dropping the class.
Teacher of Record: Luis Sanchez