Project Based Learning Electives provided by the Berrien Springs Virtual Academy
Fort Miami CrossFit Teens Fall 2023
All students are required to do a project for each class they take. Speak with your mentor for instructions.
- Location: Fort Miami CrossFit 3905 M-139 Ste. 101, St. Joseph, MI 49085
- Instructors: Jenn Garrity, Gustavo Weber
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: fortmiamicrossfit.com
- Ages 12 - 17
- Masks: Optional
Additional registration at location is required. A waiver that needs to be completed by their legal guardian will be sent out via email a week before to all registered students for them to bring to their first class.
Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays 3:45-4:30pm
- Classes begin September 11 - January 12
- Weeks Off: December 25th to January 1st (may still attend classes if they want, just not required)
- Students may attend up to 3 classes per week during the above times.
- Two classes are required per week. No make up classes.
Crossfit Teens is a strength and conditioning program designed for both athletes and non athletes ranging from 12-17. The program combines age appropriate weightlifting and gymnastics with high intensity training to deliver optimal fitness and performance as well as to establish a lifetime love of fitness.
*Please note: it is important to make as informed a decision as possible when choosing your student's Community Resource classes. Most locations will allow a student to drop a class after one meeting, at no charge if it wasn't a good fit for the student, but not all. Some classes plan ahead based on the number that have signed up and have purchased materials, hired teachers, etc. and there might be a fee for class time or materials given to the student if the student drops after one or two meetings. The school cannot pay for classes that students do not complete, so choose wisely; if you do not take the class off of your student's schedule by the deadline, you may be asked to pay for the class time incurred prior to dropping the class.
Teacher of Record: Sara Smothers