Project Based Learning Electives provided by the Berrien Springs Virtual Academy
Krasl Art Center Classes Fall 2023
Detailed registration information below.
- Daytime phone: 269-983-0271 (Please do not call to register)
- Address: 707 Lake Blvd, St. Joseph, MI 49085
- All students must complete a project for these classes.
Instructor Qualifications: All Krasl Art Center (KAC) faculty members are experienced, professional art educators that have been trained and vetted by KAC’s Education Department. Read more about KAC’s Teaching Artists (Faculty) on the KAC website.
Education Philosophy: Krasl Art Center (KAC) education programs range from tuition-based studio classes to free public events and offsite community partnerships. A common education philosophy unites all of these programs, emphasizing four strategies:
- “creating an inclusive and supportive learning environment,”
- “student-centered learning,”
- “connecting art to life,”
- “process over product.”
Please read more about each of these four strategies in our KAC Education Philosophy.
- Weather: In the case of inclement weather, KAC classes are cancelled and rescheduled (at the end of the semester) at the discretion of the Manager of Education. All students & guardians are contacted prior to the start of class. If a student cannot make it to class, please contact KAC for an excused absence. Any absence without forewarning is considered an unexcused absence.
- COVID-19 Policies: Masks are currently required in ALL indoor KAC Programs. Any changes to these policies will be emailed to guardians and students prior to the start of class.
- Guardians in Classroom: Guardians are asked to not be present in the classroom for the duration of the course. Guardians are welcome to wait outside of the classroom in the lobby, the Overlook Room, or in the KAC Library on the 2nd floor (Unless there are special circumstances, behavioral or medical, that have been approved by the Education Manager). The reason for this policy is safety and classroom experience:
- Safety: All KAC Youth Instructors are trained and vetted. It is crucial that we have consistent standards for all adults working with youth.
- Classroom Experience: Students and teachers can be easily distracted by additional people in the classroom.
Thank you for taking courses with Krasl Art Center! If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Nat Carrow at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!
- Format: In Person
- Please register through the partnership only for KAC Classes, do not call or email KAC.
- Classes begin the week of September 18
Please see the list of Krasl Fall Class Descriptions, days and times here:
Fall 2023 BSPP Class List
Additional registration is not required except for in following scenario:
If you wish to enroll in a course that is listed at the KAC website and not on UltraCamp, please enroll in “Other Krasl Art Center Course” and email Nathan Margoni at email@example.com with the below information:
- Parent Name
- Student Name
- Phone Number
- Specific Class
- Student DOB
*Please note: it is important to make as informed a decision as possible when choosing your student's Community Resource classes. Most locations will allow a student to drop a class after one meeting, at no charge if it wasn't a good fit for the student, but not all. Some classes plan ahead based on the number that have signed up and have purchased materials, hired teachers, etc. and there might be a fee for class time or materials given to the student if the student drops after one or two meetings. The school cannot pay for classes that students do not complete, so choose wisely; if you do not take the class off of your student's schedule by the deadline, you may be asked to pay for the class time incurred prior to dropping the class.
Teacher of Record: Lisa Van Plew-Cid