Conversational Chinese Spring 2024
Students and teachers must be able to readily switch to online instruction at any point in the semester in order to register for classes. All students must complete a project for these classes.
- Instructor: Wenjie Xu
- Contact: Cell Phone: 314-391-1133 (Text)
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Format: Zoom meeting
- Additional registration at location is not required.
Conversational Chinese on Zoom
- Grades: 3-8
- Class Day/Time: to be scheduled with the instructor: weekly, Monday- Friday
- Start Date: the week of January 8th
- End Date: the week of May 5th, estimated depending on break and holidays
- # weeks:16
- #Hours: 16
- Materials Needed for Class: A binder to hold class handouts and homework sheets, pencil and notebook
Course Description: Students will learn basic knowledge about Pinyin, tones, and characters. Following that will be sentence structures and grammar, as well as essential vocabulary and sentences students must know when first learning Chinese! After this course, students will have a strong foundation in Chinese and will be able to have basic conversations with native Chinese speakers! The student will also learn about Chinese culture through the songs and authentic Chinese stories, etc.
*Please note: it is important to make as informed a decision as possible when choosing your student's Community Resource classes. Most locations will allow a student to drop a class after one meeting, at no charge if it wasn't a good fit for the student, but not all. Some classes plan ahead based on the number that have signed up and have purchased materials, hired teachers, etc. and there might be a fee for class time or materials given to the student if the student drops after one or two meetings. The school cannot pay for classes that students do not complete, so choose wisely; if you do not take the class off of your student's schedule by the deadline, you may be asked to pay for the class time incurred prior to dropping the class.
Teacher of Record: Luis Sanchez