Project Based Learning Electives provided by the Berrien Springs Virtual Academy
Power In Motion Fall 2023
- All students must complete a project for these classes.
- Masks: Optional
- 3889 S. M-139 St. Joseph, MI 429-5100
8 miles from Berrien Springs on old 31
- Fall semester includes September through January.
- Spring semester includes Feb. - May Students must attend before Count Day in October.
- PIM Registration is ongoing online through the Power In Motion Gymnastics website
- Parents should call PIM to confirm their PIM class schedule
- Additional registration at location is required.
Students can sign up for any class that is held only once per week, according to age and skill level, including dance, cheer and classes specifically for 5 yr. olds. Families are responsible for any wardrobe costs.
We cannot pay for any competitive sports teams, but we can pay for instructional and/or practice time, therefore any balance above our maximum contribution is the student's responsibility
Important information from PIM:
- All Berrien Springs Partnership students who are interested in taking a gymnastics class must also register on the Power In Motion Gymnastics website
- When you register online- you must have a credit card on file, but they will not post fees to your account unless you become inactive with the Partnership.
- We will bill the Partnership Program for your child's gymnastics class, as long as you are members with the Berrien Springs Partnership Program.
Once your child is enrolled in a class, they will be continuously enrolled each month in that same class. Your child's instructor will speak to you when they have accomplished the necessary skills to move up. At that time you will need to stop in the office to make your new class selection. If for any reason you need to become inactive in the program, a withdrawal form must be received (located in the PIM office) by the 20th of the month prior to withdrawal.
All current and new students must fill out the PIM registration form online to enroll in classes.
For schedule, see the Power In Motion Gymnastics website
How to use PIM's Registration System:
- Select the Registration button.
- Fill out the registration form and click submit at the bottom.
- Select the "Click to go to our Portal" link below the thank you.
How to register for a class?
You can register for a class by clicking on the "register" link next to the class you want from the "registration" tab in the Parent Portal.
Photos by Don Campbell/HP Staff
*Please note: it is important to make as informed a decision as possible when choosing your student's Community Resource classes. Most locations will allow a student to drop a class after one meeting, at no charge if it wasn't a good fit for the student, but not all. Some classes plan ahead based on the number that have signed up and have purchased materials, hired teachers, etc. and there might be a fee for class time or materials given to the student if the student drops after one or two meetings. The school cannot pay for classes that students do not complete, so choose wisely; if you do not take the class off of your student's schedule by the deadline, you may be asked to pay for the class time incurred prior to dropping the class.
Teacher of Record: Sara Smothers