Project Based Learning Electives provided by the Berrien Springs Virtual Academy
St. Joseph Dance Studios: Expand to see offerings from our studios
All students must complete a project for these classes.
Connie Cassidy School of Dance Spring 2024
- Format: In Person
- **Voted Best Local Dance Studio 2018**
- Additional registration in person is required at location.
- Call Cammie at 269-921-2574 or email email@example.com
- Classes must begin in January.
We provide quality dance education in an encouraging environment where everyone is welcome and valued.
Find us on:
- Facebook: Connie Cassidy School of Dance
- Instagram: @conniecassidydance
- Website: www.conniecassidyschoolofdance.com
Connie Cassidy School of Dance; a lifetime of dance, a legacy of family.
Our studio is conveniently located at 3162 Niles Road in St. Joseph, MI across from Nye’s Apple Barn.
Steadily progressive ballet, tap, and/or jazz dance technique for all ages taught in a warm, welcoming environment. Those with disabilities are welcome. Simply tell us you are with the partnership. Students may choose any class that meets once/week. Costume and recital fees are not included.
Combination Class 1
Fun songs and pre-ballet and tap dances for children 5 – 7 with little or no dance experience, taught in a warm, welcoming environment. Those with disabilities are welcome.
Combination Class 2
Fun songs and ballet and tap dances for children 6 - 8 who have completed one or two years of Combination Class 1 or equivalent, taught in a warm, welcoming environment. Those with disabilities are welcome.
Combination Class 3
Fun songs and ballet and tap dances for children 8-12 who have completed one or two years of Combination Class 2 or equivalent, taught in a warm, welcoming environment. Those with disabilities are welcome.
Ages 7 – 10 with some dance experience preferred, but not necessary
Introduction to Jazz Dance taught to age appropriate music, and with age appropriate movement. Jazz 1 Syllabus
Ages 10-12 with some dance experience preferred, but not necessary
Jazz Dance taught to age appropriate music, and with age appropriate movement. Jazz 2 Syllabus
Combination Class 4 Tweens/Teens
Ages 12 and up with 5 or more years of dance experience
Ballet barre, center, and tap dances, appropriate to age and experience. Combination Class 4 Tweens/Teens Syllabus
Ages 13 and up who have at least 3 years dance experience or equivalent
Jazz Dance taught to age appropriate music, and with age appropriate movement. Jazz Teens Syllabus
Miss Natalie's Rhythm and Dance Spring 2024
- Instructor: Natalie Delgado
- phone: 269 408-6066
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- website: Miss Natalie's Rhythm and Dance
- Location: Miss Natalie’s Rhythm and Dance, The Box Factory 1101 Broad Street St. Joseph, MI
- Format: In-Person
- Masks: not currently required, but that may change
- Classes must begin in January
- Additional Registration Required: Parents also need to register students
- online through parent portal to provide information to studio.
- ***Please note that Lyrical and Intermediate Ballet Classes are already full.
Teen Tap: Wednesdays 3:30-4:30
Tap dancing is a great way to channel your energy into your feet. The steps and combinations learned in tap dancing help with brain development and memorization in a way that is different from other dance forms. The intricate rhythms the dancer will learn will activate their creativity and give a sense of accomplishment every week! Class will perform in the year end recital in June.
Teen Tap Syllabus
Musical Theatre: Wednesdays 4:30-5:30
Students will explore many different musicals through combinations and choreography. Emphasis will be equal on technique and stage presence with special directions on acting the part through dance. This class is a favorite and fills up fast! Class will perform in the year end recital in June.
Musical Theatre Syllabus
Power In Motion Spring 2024
- Format: In-person
- Instructor: Instructor to be specified before start of school year.
- Location: 3889 M-139, St Joseph
- Limited spots available for each class.
- Additional registration at location is required. See general syllabus for more information.
- Classes must begin in January.
Dance Class Schedule - Click on this link to view our class schedule, availability and class descriptions.
Syllabi for classes available:
- Combo II - ages 4 1/2 to 5
- Combo III - ages 6 to 8
- Ballet - ages 6+
- Jazz - ages 6+
- Tap - ages 6+
- Hip Hop - ages 6+
*Please note: it is important to make as informed a decision as possible when choosing your student's Community Resource classes. Most locations will allow a student to drop a class after one meeting, at no charge if it wasn't a good fit for the student, but not all. Some classes plan ahead based on the number that have signed up and have purchased materials, hired teachers, etc. and there might be a fee for class time or materials given to the student if the student drops after one or two meetings. The school cannot pay for classes that students do not complete, so choose wisely; if you do not take the class off of your student's schedule by the deadline, you may be asked to pay for the class time incurred prior to dropping the class.
Teacher of Record for all locations: Sara Smothers